Wednesday, May 12, 2010
President's Cancer Panel Boldly Links Environmental Toxins & Cancer
I'm thrilled to see a government-sponsored panel, the President's Cancer Panel, speak the truth to power, apparently with very little commercial bias, about the 80,000 unregulated chemicals in our environment and cancer. I'm especially thrilled to see the Panel state so plainly the concerns about Bis-Phenol A (BPA). Download the report right here. Skip ahead to page 111 for their recommendations. Start taking off your shoes before entering your home to reduce chemicals in your sanctuary. Read the New York Times Op-Ed about it right here.
BPA is a nasty chemical that is used in baby bottles, infant formula packaging, canned fruits and vegetables, office water coolers, and soda/water bottles.
I agree with Dianne Feinstein that we should ban BPA. Read more about her legislation to get it done in the Senate right here. Europe banned it already - but here in the US we have big money fighting to keep the toxins in our grocery aisles. In the meantime, avoid canned fruits and vegetables, tell your friends to use BPA-free baby bottles and drink water from a filter using a stainless steel, glass or ceramic container. Also - recall that probiotics reduce absorption of BPA.
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- For Those Who Hate to Meditate
- Goddess Mondays
- Raw Oatmeal!
- Meditation Challenge: Take it!
- How's That Thyroid?
- Dr. Amen's Boost Brain, Get the Bod You Want
- Cleansing Our Footprint
- Dr. Sara Gottfried MD on Women & Depression
- Out with the Old, In with the New
- Caffeine Makes Perimenopause & Menopause Worse
- Disengage from Inner Critic (Radio Station KFKD)
- The Eating Guidelines by Geneen Roth
- Cleanse Success Story
- Fantastic Alkalinizing Broth Recipe
- Insomnia in Perimenopause
- Massaged Greens
- Women & Food: Anorexia of the Soul
- Alchemy of Eating
- President's Cancer Panel Boldly Links Environmenta...
- Does Wine Make You Whiney?
- Gottfried Urban Organic Garden
- D4 Group Cleanse: Love Your Liver
- D3 Group Cleanse: What to Eat?
- D2 Cleanse: Mango Breakfast Cobbler
- D2 Cleanse: Inspiration from Ana Forrest & Yoga
- D1 of Group Cleanse: Lessons from Raw Masta
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.