Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Does Wine Make You Whiney?

Love these insights from Gretchen Rubin in The Happiness Project. Take our challenge to get off alcohol for the next 15 days and see how it feels to clean your body. Your liver will thank you. - SG

In daily life, my argumentativeness wasn't much of a problem, but I'd notice that drinking alcohol made me far more combative than I usually was, plus it weakened my (not very strong) instinct for good manners. Because I never did drink much and had given up drinking twice while pregnant, and because of my metabolism, I'd developed a very low tolerance for alcohol. Again and again, I lay in my bed after some social event, thinking "Was I as obnoxious as I think?" "Why did I make my point in such a negative way?" And Jamie usually wasn't very reassuring about how I behaved.
-- Gretchen Rubin

No comments:

Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.