Modified from Renee Loux
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Modified from Renee Loux
I love a good rubbing with oil. So do leafy greens with a pinch of salt and seasoning, as an opportune technique to serve these fortified veggies in their raw nature, made tender and tasty with a little time and a lot of love. Adjust the seasonings to taste, depending on the green of choice and desired flavor. Fresh herbs are always fabulous. Keep it simple, or add grren onion, garlic and ginger for a tasty variation.
YIELDS: 2-4 SERVINGS
6 cups chopped greens, any type of kale, spinach, chard or mixture
(SG loves fava leaves!)
2 tablespoons olive oil, or more
1 tablespoon flax oil (or additional olive oil)
1 tablespoon umeboshi plum vinegar and/or lemon juice
2 teaspoons shoyu
2-3 green onions, chopped (optional)
1-2 cloves garlic, pressed (optional)
2-3 teaspoons finely grated ginger (optional)
1-1/2 cups or more of chopped herbs, such as basil, parsley
a few pinches of fresh oregano, thyme or marjoram (optional)
Wash the green and remove any tough stems.
Chop finely and toss with olive oil, flax oil, umeboshi plum vinegar and/or lemon, shoyu, green onion, garlic and ginger as desired. Use freshly cleaned paws to massage with love. Pay attention to tougher parts.
Allow to stand and marinate, rubbing now and again for an hour or two. Toss in herbs and allow to stand 10 minutes to absorb flavor. Stores well for a day or two.
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- For Those Who Hate to Meditate
- Goddess Mondays
- Raw Oatmeal!
- Meditation Challenge: Take it!
- How's That Thyroid?
- Dr. Amen's Boost Brain, Get the Bod You Want
- Cleansing Our Footprint
- Dr. Sara Gottfried MD on Women & Depression
- Out with the Old, In with the New
- Caffeine Makes Perimenopause & Menopause Worse
- Disengage from Inner Critic (Radio Station KFKD)
- The Eating Guidelines by Geneen Roth
- Cleanse Success Story
- Fantastic Alkalinizing Broth Recipe
- Insomnia in Perimenopause
- Massaged Greens
- Women & Food: Anorexia of the Soul
- Alchemy of Eating
- President's Cancer Panel Boldly Links Environmenta...
- Does Wine Make You Whiney?
- Gottfried Urban Organic Garden
- D4 Group Cleanse: Love Your Liver
- D3 Group Cleanse: What to Eat?
- D2 Cleanse: Mango Breakfast Cobbler
- D2 Cleanse: Inspiration from Ana Forrest & Yoga
- D1 of Group Cleanse: Lessons from Raw Masta
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.