- wake up, say "thank you" for the blessings in my life, and meditate for 20 min. broad definition of meditation here: yin yoga, sitting quietly, chant a goddess mantra (wo-mantra)
- attune to hormone balance - when we're in balance, we're so goddess. test yourself right here
- take my vitamins and supplements
- eat breakfast when I'm hungry instead of when it's convenient
- write about Sacred Feminine and what it means for lunatic mom living in Rockridge in 2010
- light a candle and invite the goddess to join me for the day, guide my thoughts and actions
- pack crazy lunches for my kids. let go a little of my obsessiveness about their nutritional balance. have a little fun
- dance like a Temple Hindu High Priestess
- lie in bed with my kids as they're waking, tuning into the happy channel instead of: "Get out of bed now! And no breakfast until your school clothes are on! Did you hear me? Did you hear the last 5 times I've told you to GET READY?
- check my intuition rather than my email
- ask while eating, "Do I like this food?"
- Move my body, from a place of pleasure rather than dutiful caloric balance
Monday, May 31, 2010
Decided to turn around the gloom of Mondays by declaring “Goddess Monday!” for the next 3 months. Mondays are a bitch for me. The weight of the week – the unpreparedness for the school lunches, the grocery list, the evening school events (oops! forgot to schedule a babysitter), the stressful work meetings, the demanding patients, the class projects that aren’t ready, the weeds in the garden – all conspire to weigh me down starting sometime late on Sunday.
I want Mondays to shimmer with excitement and anticipation. I want to look forward to them the way I look forward to Fridays, the start of Shabbat, the day I unplug and connect with family and friends. Sing songs with my kids, plan scrumptious meals.
I also want to step into my Goddessness and I have no idea what this actually means or how to do it.
Let’s dedicate some time to turning this ship around.
Starting on Mondays, I will try these things out. Add to the list and join me on this voyage to goddess-hood!
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- For Those Who Hate to Meditate
- Goddess Mondays
- Raw Oatmeal!
- Meditation Challenge: Take it!
- How's That Thyroid?
- Dr. Amen's Boost Brain, Get the Bod You Want
- Cleansing Our Footprint
- Dr. Sara Gottfried MD on Women & Depression
- Out with the Old, In with the New
- Caffeine Makes Perimenopause & Menopause Worse
- Disengage from Inner Critic (Radio Station KFKD)
- The Eating Guidelines by Geneen Roth
- Cleanse Success Story
- Fantastic Alkalinizing Broth Recipe
- Insomnia in Perimenopause
- Massaged Greens
- Women & Food: Anorexia of the Soul
- Alchemy of Eating
- President's Cancer Panel Boldly Links Environmenta...
- Does Wine Make You Whiney?
- Gottfried Urban Organic Garden
- D4 Group Cleanse: Love Your Liver
- D3 Group Cleanse: What to Eat?
- D2 Cleanse: Mango Breakfast Cobbler
- D2 Cleanse: Inspiration from Ana Forrest & Yoga
- D1 of Group Cleanse: Lessons from Raw Masta
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.