Monday, May 17, 2010
Fantastic Alkalinizing Broth Recipe
modified from Alicia Silverstone's new best seller, The Kind Diet
2C grated daikon
2C grated carrot
1 umeboshi plum (I found these easily at Whole Foods Oakland in the Asian section)
a few drops of shoyu
optional: a sheet of nori, ripped into pieces
Add daikon, carrots and plum to a pot, and cover with filtered water (about 4-6 cups). Bring to a boil and simmer 5 min. Add shoyu and simmer another 5min. Add the nori. Drink hot, like tea.
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- For Those Who Hate to Meditate
- Goddess Mondays
- Raw Oatmeal!
- Meditation Challenge: Take it!
- How's That Thyroid?
- Dr. Amen's Boost Brain, Get the Bod You Want
- Cleansing Our Footprint
- Dr. Sara Gottfried MD on Women & Depression
- Out with the Old, In with the New
- Caffeine Makes Perimenopause & Menopause Worse
- Disengage from Inner Critic (Radio Station KFKD)
- The Eating Guidelines by Geneen Roth
- Cleanse Success Story
- Fantastic Alkalinizing Broth Recipe
- Insomnia in Perimenopause
- Massaged Greens
- Women & Food: Anorexia of the Soul
- Alchemy of Eating
- President's Cancer Panel Boldly Links Environmenta...
- Does Wine Make You Whiney?
- Gottfried Urban Organic Garden
- D4 Group Cleanse: Love Your Liver
- D3 Group Cleanse: What to Eat?
- D2 Cleanse: Mango Breakfast Cobbler
- D2 Cleanse: Inspiration from Ana Forrest & Yoga
- D1 of Group Cleanse: Lessons from Raw Masta
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.