Thursday, March 31, 2011
Meet Your Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
Nothing makes me happier than an anti-inflammatory smoothie with greens, berries, pea and rice protein (very hypoallergenic) and flax. Well, maybe containment of nuclear reactors in Japan, but that's a topic for another day.
There's a concept I have found to be particularly true that goes like this:
We need to reduce our antigenic load. The more we eat whole foods, and dump the junk (gluten, diary, sugar, alcohol, caffeine), the less antigens we get exposed to. When we're exposed to fewer antigens, we're less likely to get an overactivated immune system, or to have cross-reactivity with hormones (an example is autoimmune thyroiditis).
In the service of stabilizing blood sugar and reducing antigenic load, try the following anti-inflammatory smoothing. Green smoothies rock!
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- Meet Your Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
- Detox Genes: Personalize Your Liver Detoxification
- Cravings 101: Fight the Saboteur
- Detox, Gottfried-Style - Join Us!
- On Cleansing, D#1 - Kicking Caffeine
- On Cleansing, D#0
- Natural Health Magazine: Interview on Low Libido
- Radiation in Cali: Not Normal, Not Dangerous But A...
- NYT: Radiation Extremely High at Reactors
- Radiation Dilemma: Resources
- Surgeon General States Buying Iodide a Worthy "Pre...
- Nuclear Risk Worsening: Prevention Never Premature
- US Aircraft Carrier Detects Radiation Offshore Japan
- Nuclear Japan: Latest News
- Help, Kelp?! What to Do with Japan's Radiation (Po...
- Kicking Dairy: Why Bother?
- MOTHS-R-US: Addiction as Initiation
- My Lady Garden: Organic GYN's Weekend Action
- Breast Expert: Interview with Dr. Helayne Waldman
- What If... Breast Cancer? Dr. Sara's Prevention To...
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2010 (105)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.