Friday, March 11, 2011
Kicking Dairy: Why Bother?
Throughout my 22 years of taking care of people, I've seen a lot of addictive behaviors. Particularly around food. Most common: chocolate, cheese, caffeine, flour, sugar, taken to anesthetize. These babies are drugs.
I recall learning in the early 1980s that dairy products contain morphine-like substances. This was published in Science in 1981. Learned this while studying nutrition and kids, and was curious why my daughters would drink cup after cup of organic milk if left to their own devices. I was aghast. I guess it makes sense in a Darwinian way that a baby calf would do better if addicted to cow milk. But I don't think we humans have a benefit.
I didn't think I had a problem with cheese until I encountered Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes. Now, I'm clear that I have a problem. I'm far better now, and my bowels are much happier, off dairy.
But don't take my word, for it. Stay skeptical. I welcome that. Get more data. Here's a bit more.
If you know you need help with this, join our Gottfried Cleanse via Webinar: Get Your Cleanse On. 21 days. Starts March 24, 2011, live at noon. Or download webcast later. Register now. It's like the Betty Ford for cheese, sugar and caffeine addicts.
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- Meet Your Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
- Detox Genes: Personalize Your Liver Detoxification...
- Cravings 101: Fight the Saboteur
- Detox, Gottfried-Style - Join Us!
- On Cleansing, D#1 - Kicking Caffeine
- On Cleansing, D#0
- Natural Health Magazine: Interview on Low Libido
- Radiation in Cali: Not Normal, Not Dangerous But A...
- NYT: Radiation Extremely High at Reactors
- Radiation Dilemma: Resources
- Surgeon General States Buying Iodide a Worthy "Pre...
- Nuclear Risk Worsening: Prevention Never Premature...
- US Aircraft Carrier Detects Radiation Offshore Jap...
- Nuclear Japan: Latest News
- Help, Kelp?! What to Do with Japan's Radiation (Po...
- Kicking Dairy: Why Bother?
- MOTHS-R-US: Addiction as Initiation
- My Lady Garden: Organic GYN's Weekend Action
- Breast Expert: Interview with Dr. Helayne Waldman
- What If... Breast Cancer? Dr. Sara's Prevention To...
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2010 (105)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.