Friday, April 22, 2011
Do You Hide Behind a Tunic?
Reflecting today on my growing selection of organic tunics and what they represent psychically. Around the time that I turned 35, and met for the first time my rather unforgiving metabolism, my collection grew. Some women buy Spanx. I buy tunics.
At first I told myself that it was all about the low-ride jeans that just don't quite work with a post-partum belly. That was after my younger sisters told me to toss my jeans from the 1990s. I had no idea how out of date I was. Then I bought some Sevens. Then I bought lots of tunics.
Let it shine, y'all. Time to be more conscious about loving my post-partum belly and my aging tush. Time to get the jeans I like (Organic jeans don't ride so low! Hurray!). Time to accept what is true for me and model that for my increasingly body-conscious two daughters. And maybe go to the Dailey Method more.
You know, embrace the deep femme!
BTW, what are you hiding behind?
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- Royal Hormones
- Do You Hide Behind a Tunic?
- Mumford and Sons Raise My Testosterone!
- Fiber Is the New Sexy
- Take On Your Weight Issues with Mystic Marianne Wi...
- Let Kale Salads Rock Your World
- Glee Over Ghee
- Is Gluten the New Evil?
- Dump the Junk: Reasons to Dump Caffeine
- Meet Your Hormones
- Is That Acrylamide in Your Coffee?
- 5 Burning Questions: Get Your Deep Cleanse On
- Plum Awesome: Clean Food in the Bay Area
- Coffee Hijacks Thyroid Levels
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2010 (105)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.