Thursday, March 18, 2010
D1 of Our Group Cleanse -- Join Us
D1 of Cleanse. Join us virtually?
first step: remove caffeine over the next 7 days. if you're quite addicted to coffee or black tea, take it slow. best to first switch to black tea if you're a coffee drinker, green tea if you're addicted to black & white tea if you're into green. My fave substitute: warm cup of filtered water with fresh Meyer lemon & a pinch of cayenne. That and skin brushing in the morning (get your skin brush at Whole Foods) gets you going so you don't need the caffeine.
Know that caffeine INCREASES cortisol, anxiety & sugar cravings. And thickens your waist. And makes you retain fluid.
Get off caffeine completely for 14 days.
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- Intuitive Types by Mona Lisa Schulz
- New Review: Premature Ovarian Insufficiency
- Resolving Differences in Libido
- D1 of Our Group Cleanse -- Join Us
- Are You Mercury Toxic?
- Let NutrEval Rock Your World
- Colcannon: Get Your Irish Kale On!
- Making the Case for Pleasure
- Getting Integrative in London
- Am I At Liberty to Say?
- My Review of Bengal Tech Top
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.