Thursday, March 11, 2010
Colcannon: Get Your Irish Kale On!
Colcannon is a yummy dish that hails from the Irish. Here is the version that my local nutrient-dense, community-sponsored kitchen, Three Stone Hearth, is putting on for us in honor of St Patrick's Day.
Willey Farm Yukon Gold potatoes are mashed with plenty of butter and Straus milk, then combined with sauteed Ibarra Farm green kale and yellow onions, minced scallions and parsley, salt and pepper, for this classic Irish side dish.
Recipe is Gluten-free and Contains Dairy.
Ingredients: Yukon Gold potatoes, kale, onions, Straus milk, scallions, parsley, butter, sea salt, black pepper
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- Intuitive Types by Mona Lisa Schulz
- New Review: Premature Ovarian Insufficiency
- Resolving Differences in Libido
- D1 of Our Group Cleanse -- Join Us
- Are You Mercury Toxic?
- Let NutrEval Rock Your World
- Colcannon: Get Your Irish Kale On!
- Making the Case for Pleasure
- Getting Integrative in London
- Am I At Liberty to Say?
- My Review of Bengal Tech Top
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.