Friday, February 25, 2011

Shuffling My Roles

Was inspired by the luminous Kathleen Bloom of the Meditation Project to go a little nuts over Wordie, an online program for making word collages. Here's one on my roles. Rather liked the juicy result, but realized I forgot "mom." Oops. I keep forgetting that part, and how intrinsic it is. But not in a "I'm-such-a-bad-mom" way that I tend to fall into; instead: that was interesting. What's up about that? How do I get more explicit about bringing my role as mom into my work, integrating it more deeply and fluidly, beyond just: "I've got two kids, and I must leave now to pick them up from school."




BTW, what else have I forgotten? Oh, wife. Raw chef.

Here's another (like me, a bit more random and deliciously chaotic) composed of the attributes inspired by my Firestarter Sessions with Danielle Laporte. She makes me feel alive, connected to inner aliveness, like I want to go running.


Going into mom/wife mode now, unplugging, signing off until the other side of Shabbat. Peace out to you.

1 comment:

Kathleen Bloom said...

Love wordle! And really really love YOU! xo

Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box

About Me

My photo
I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.