Friday, February 18, 2011
Prayer for Overwhelm
I want to shred the rad, but I'm a bit weary today. Need a little intervention, a dose of burn-out prevention. Not sure what flavor. Please renew my spirit and particularly my good humor. When I feel frustrated and like a victim/martyr: fill me with hope, the present moment and get me out of the blame game, the pain body. My mind goes there so easily, as Annie Lamont says - "My mind is a bad neighborhood I try not to go into alone."
When I feel like I have no more juice to give, remind me that the juice flows from You.
When I get confused and feel my juiciness is finite, teach me that You provide an infinite well of inspiration.
When I feel lazy, teach me that there is much work to be done and many folks need my assistance.
When I lose faith or fall off the path, damn - again, remind me that I am filled with enormous talent and genius.
When I forget what I am doing and why, help me recover the pleasure, the discipline of pleasure, and the deep satisfaction of my path.
When I lose my faith, show me the way back home, back to You. With humor and pleasure, as that makes it all good.
Inspired and paraphrased from Naomi Levy, A Prayer for Overcoming Burnout. Share a prayer with me in the comment section!
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box
Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine on Facebook
- Rebecca Burgess Makes Me Happy - Clothes that Heal
- Feelin' Testy (Testimonials, That Is)
- Shuffling My Roles
- Bitch Slap Values That No Longer Serve
- For Mamas Who Rock Business
- Vote Now: Monday Mystic
- Prayer for Overwhelm
- What I Do: Organic Gynecology & Bioidentical Hormones
- Organically Fit: Togs for The Dailey Method & Yoga
- Mystic Danielle Laporte: There's a Bigger Story to...
- Organic GYN Goes to Portland for Baby Shower
- Organic Socks Gone Wrong
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2010 (105)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD
- I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.